Friday, May 27, 2011

Phoenix Comicon Day 2 (Friday)

I noticed I didn't take many photos and only 1 video yesterday so I made an effort to make some rounds today and take more pics. Not too much goes on the first day anyway.
 I brought both of my droids today. The black one just needs a skirt and feet and its basically done. I'll drive this one around by the end of the year.
 Then I saw this zombie walking around. There were a few here and there. There always is.
Then more and more droids started showing up. It was way busier today in the number of people. You never know what is going to happen throughout the day. It was easy to miss something cool. Every other hour some character showed up.
 Earlier in the day C-3PO showed up. At first when they wheeled him in I thought he was a mannequin! Then he started moving and his eyes lit up and I thought. You punked me, I thought nobody was in that thing.
For some reason Andy is trying to kill me by looking at me in this photo.
 So 3P0 took photos in this area for a few minutes and them moved on to other photo ops.
R2, 3P0 and Vader are celebrities who draw a crowd and only seem to be around for maybe an hour. Then they seem to disappear, hell maybe its the same guy in chewbacca, 3P0, and vader for all I know.

When I was walking around I ran into Darth Maul. I didn't see him at the Star Wars area, we seem to be always tucked in the back, next to the bathroom and most people never walk around that part. We might need to do a droids gone wild! And storm the front where people walk in, a parade perhaps.
Later the kids decided not to walk and just jump on the droids battery boxes and get there own rides. At one point Tiny had 3 kids on his droid, must have pulled 300 something pounds around. His droid flys around compared to my R5 and I have diet parts on my droid.
 Of course, Vader shows up and starts choking people. Then calls for the arrest of some punk KT named Twisten or something and put him in jail. For real!
 At the same time these self terminators walked by. The leader how spike implants while the T-886 with the the mohawk was sporting eye damage. The other robot behind them is unknown.
 Supreme being was there with multipass!
 This costume was outstanding!
And it walked around with this! Which is also and awesome piece of work and artwork.
 So then I decided since I have these backdrops around. I need to start taking cool pics of my droids. So I finally have some area that don't  have.
  • A cat in the photo
  • couch, carpet, or TV set in the background
  • some mundane house, non Star Wars setting, kitchen, garage, backyard look.
 I think this is my favorite trooper outfit I've seen. It was just mind blowing, the paint is perfect and and the attention to detail really stands out.

No comments:

Post a Comment