Monday, September 13, 2010

Electronics: J.E.D.I. Control Arrives

Option 3 of the J.E.D.I. Control arrives! I should have ordered option 2. But upgraded recently. So with this I can power up the droid and get motors running in the near future. Now I have multiple projects at once. Before it was just the R5 head.


For now I've powered up the J.E.D.I. Control board on the right to Dans Distribution Power Board to get the 5 volts needed for the J.E.D.I. I can't do anything with this until I get the start up thumb drive and the Vmusic plugged in. Until that arrives this goes back into a box.

Now I'm working on hinges daily for the next two weeks. While painting different parts I'm also, installing a skirt this week probably paint it first, doing a slip ring group buy run, ordering a Ringrunner and whatever else happens.
Future Projects

Pictured is a Optoma Pico PK 101 DLP projector. Its not small enough to fit in the holoprojector yet. But at the rate technology is advancing we're probably only four years or so away. Until then this is probably the next best thing. You can power it via USB. This item runs around $180 with 640 x 480 resolution.


 So hooking it up to iphone or ipod you could an number of movies. It could easily mount inside one of the front doors. My problem is my droid is fixed in 3 leg position only so it would shoot towards the ceiling. I'd need to get my droid so I can convert it to 2 legged mode. Not sure yet how I would talk to the ipod via RC to trigger commands to start, pause and stop playback. But we have some really damn smart builders who can control the sounds and dome rotation with an iphone so I'm sure this can be achieved.

I didn't buy this projector yet. I'm just taking a serious look at the smallest projector technology with the best resolution there is. If I have patience I'll wait until something more powerful, smaller and HD that's cheaper which seems to come out the day after you buy gadgets.

No comments:

Post a Comment