Thursday, April 21, 2011

Leveling the Droid

Doing more test today I decided to see how level my droid is. Oh my the back ball casters aren't even touching the floor. They probably do on carpet but not on tile. The photo don't show it very well but its about 1/4 of an inch off the ground. The other side is about 1/8 of an inch off the ground. So basically the droid is driving on the 2 large wheels in the feet and 1 of the casters in the center foot.

So the more I suck up the center foot into the droid to level it out the more it tilts the rear feet off balance. So I have a dilemma and I'm not sure what to do. For now I'm going to do nothing. I have a Comicon coming up in 30 days and I'm going to start ripping the droid apart over a 1/4 of an inch on 1 foot that only I'll maybe notice.

These feet will eventually be painted black and put on R2-Q5 so I'll mess with it more then.

No comments:

Post a Comment