Sunday, March 20, 2011

JEDI Control and Battery Boxes

I decided to put R5 together and install the JEDI controller and see if I could get it working again. But first I needed to mark both battery boxes and start cutting out the section needed to clear the NP motors.
'Squeaks' came by to inspect the work and sniff each part for something.
 I cut out the hole I marked. With a test fit its too small to fit. Also the lower part of the frame is in the way. So, I'll need to take all the legs off and keep trying with the foot only to get this to clear the NP motor. I'll work on this more next week. Its a small job to take the batteries out of the droid, unscrew the middle foot and outer legs.
I spent most of the day on the JEDI control installing it. I hooked up the JEDI and it don't work anymore. It does the sounds, but the entire servo channel don't respond to anything. Plugging in a servo has no result. The dome motor no longer spins and a long shot on getting the Sabertooth 2x25 was dead in the water. I'm so close to driving him but so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment