Sunday, March 6, 2011

Magnets how do they work?

I didn't do too much work today. I took Q5 apart and JB welded on a side pocket vent on the front skin.

I'm not sure what to do with that warped horseshoe. Maybe I'll take it all apart and start over again.  However this horseshoe in the photo above turned out great. They cost and weigh about 1/3 as much as aluminum. If you want to save money on your 2nd droid this is a cost cutting choice to consider.
I JB welded on magnets on my shoulder hubs. While trying to figure out why my horseshoe was warped the bar few out and shattered into 3 pieces on the ground. Nice!

I'm also done with paint on my booster covers and installed the screws to mount to the legs.
I finally went out and got a truck to haul around these heavy droids. This one has 4 wheels and if I copy Tiny right I'll have a nice transport system soon. I'll need to expand the bottom to make sure it fits the wide feet of an R2, Plus I'll need to make some type of cushion the droid will rest on.

So that's it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment